Meet Dr. Stephen R. Marano, MD
When you suffer from spine pain and decreased mobility, you want help from an expert – someone you can trust, someone with years of specialized experience. Turn to Dr. Stephen R. Marano, MD
“I felt Dr. Marano really cared about what would be best for me and he made sure that all the questions I had were answered thoroughly.”
Dr. Marano is the longest established, most experienced neurosurgeon in Eastern Idaho. He has helped more than 12,000 patients during his career.
Dr. Marano is a neurosurgery pioneer in the Eastern Idaho region and is one of two neurosurgeons who established the Neurosurgical Program for the Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Marano has been a highly respected practicing neurosurgeon in Eastern Idaho for more than 30 years.
Dr. Marano is recognized statewide as the “go-to” surgeon for “tough cases” and revision surgeries.
Dr. Marano in his own words
“I come into each new patient room with an open mind and no preconceived opinions. I am a good listener. I do not rush my patients; I like to hear their full story – concerns, problems, what they are hoping to get from my care. I answer any and all questions, until patients have nothing further. I make every effort to explain medical issues in a way patients can understand. I give each patient all the options, explain the pros and cons of each, and give a summary of my recommendations.”
“I hope to give my patients an honest evaluation of what I believe their situation to be, along with my suggestion(s) of how they can best approach their course of treatment. If surgery is the best option, I treat each and every surgery with my complete focus and skill set, to achieve the best results for my patients that I am capable of for my patients.”
Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biology and Psychology; State University of New York at Albany (magna cum laude, Psi Chi Psychology Honor Society and Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society)
MD: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
Internship: General Surgery, Phoenix (AZ) Integrated Surgical Residency Program, Veterans Administration Medical Center
Residency: Neurosurgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ.
Fellowship: Pediatric Neurosurgery, Primary Children’s Hospital, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, Idaho Falls
- Mountain View Hospital, Idaho Falls
- Idaho Doctors’ Hospital, Blackfoot
- Bingham Memorial Hospital, Blackfoot
- American Medical Association
- American Back Society
- North American Spine Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Idaho Medical Association
- Idaho Board of Medicine – Committee on Professional Discipline
- Idaho Falls Medical Society
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- Idaho Board of Medicine, Committee on Professional Discipline, 2009 – Present
- Idaho Board of Medicine, Chairman, 2007 to 2009
- Idaho Board of Medicine, 2003 to 2009
- Co-founder – Neurosurgery Program, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
On a Personal Note:
Dr. Marano is very connected with the lives of his three adult daughters. In his free time, Dr. Marano and his wife enjoy travel, both stateside and internationally. He has a passion for collecting eclectic cultural pieces from various countries and enjoys numerous horticultural pursuits, reading and studying nutritional and alternative health-care options.